This week’s guest is Cory Allen – mindfulness instructor, audio engineer, host of The Astral Hustle Podcast, binaural beats factory, and now the author of Now is the Way: An Unconventional Approach to Modern Mindfulness. We talk about cutting through the noise and insanity of our overwhelmed digital transition-age with simple presence, the rewards of even minor and incremental acts of awareness, and the richness of expressive work created from a place of calm alertness.
Grab yourself a copy of Now is the Way from my Amazon storefront:
I’m on Cory’s show in episodes 72 & 92:
Cory’s on my show on episode 16:
• What is the now?
• Is mindfulness about getting better at achieving goals, or is it really about something else?
• How has meditation practice changed in the age of always-on digital insanity?
• The collapse of past, present, and future into NOW and living in the bardo afterlife of the 21st Century.
• Getting over the infinite to-do list.
• Music as meditation vs. The Concept Album. Songwriting vs. temple music.
• Impermanence and cycles of creation/destruction in music.
• Create from where and what you are.
• Notes on the media diet for original thinking.
Support Future Fossils on Patreon for over a dozen exclusive episodes, book club membership, original art and music, and more:
lntro music by Michael Garfield, “Undefeatable Optimism Gets Up After KO”
Outro music by Evan “Skytree” Snyder feat. Michael Garfield, “God Detector”