Home > Articles > UK Futurists! Seize Political Power!

UK Futurists! Seize Political Power!

Posted: Sat, February 23, 2013 | By: Special Guest

by John Ellis

(You’re going to die otherwise).

Seize power by the system -  get elected. Control policy.

And live!

We control the future - because we build it.

Whatever intelligence is, it surely means planing. Planning takes foresight. How many public representatives are transhumanist? Extropian? Futurists?

All of them, but they don’t realize it.

Most haven’t a clue about movements by techies and trekies that are growing world- wide on-line faster than any relgion in history.

The UK, center of the 2 Billion plus British Commonwealth, and a major funder member of the 600 million (plus) European Union also holds 50% of world patents.

Here in the UK a new political party is forming.

Its so new it doesn’t have a name yet.

“The Futurist Party” may fight EVERY seat at the next election, and its slogan may be

“vote now or die.”

Government is so complex its best done by machines. Well isn’t it?

That the machines aren’t built yet isn’t our fault…the technology’s there, it just needs a givernment mandate to assemble it.

Superintelligence is adventing and that means trouble (if extinction’s trouble) or Utopia (that’s a sort of early Thomas More’s law!).

Whilst nothing’s more powerful than an idea whose time has come, if no-one hears the idea their time might have come and gone and machine intelligence come and wiped us.

A Futurist Party has to stand for definite things:

1) forcing government funds into Superintelligence construction and containment;

2) forcing science research to scale and daring;

3) smashing red tape with an emergency manifesto;

4)cherishing humanity so much we attack suffering, death and chaos by immediate, powerful directives.

So we can either lobby or form a government.

R U SERIOUS??

We’ve lobbied for over a decade and ZILCHE.

There is one way left if we want to live.

WE have to form the government.

(Forming a government also means we get paid).

NB It is NOT true it takes 10 or 20 years for a new party to establish. Communications are now global instant and we can form a government in ONE election. If we’re not that intelligent we dont deserve to govern.

What’s our agenda? Up to you: this is just a flier:

Staying alive, using technology wisely, the manifesto of Max More, but most of all to build containable accelerating intelligence.

Out of 20 elected politicians I wrote to, only 3 relied - one asking “What is Superintelligence?” via their secretary.

Go Google! (I could get into American speak).

Although this quote is well worn to futurists, it cant be drummed in hard enough because we are not dealing with some personal view: we are on the edge of extinction:

“Let an ultraintelligent machine be defined as a machine that can far surpass all the intellectual activities of any man however clever. Since the design of machines is one of these intellectual activities, an ultraintelligent machine could design even better machines; there would then unquestionably be an ‘intelligence explosion,’ and the intelligence of man would be left far behind. Thus the first ultraintelligent machine is the last invention that man need ever make, provided that the machine is docile enough to tell us how to keep it under control.”

I. J. Good

There is ONE way forwards: to build safe Superintelligence RIGHT NOW.

Anyone interested in standing for parliament in the UK in the futurist party that hasn’t yet got a name its so new please email me under my handle and let’s knock out a policy and enter Government.

eldras@london.com

John Ellis.

London

Comments:

Any relation to the Consensus of Democratic Futurist Parties?

By Dirk Bruere on Feb 23, 2013 at 9:04am

I suppose I should clarify in case you don’t know. The Consensus is a UK based party which is the political arm of Zero State

By Dirk Bruere on Feb 23, 2013 at 10:20am

Amongst my world domination fantasies I have considered that a new party needs forming in the U.K

I’d probably join a Futurist Party or something like it.

By Reeve Armstrong on Feb 23, 2013 at 11:34am

Well, both Zero State and CDFP (Consensus) are open to people who want to actually do things. John Ellis is certainly invited to take a leading role if he is up to it. I know you are a ZS member Reeve, but not sure which nation you are in. If the UK you get the same invite to the CDFP

By Dirk Bruere on Feb 23, 2013 at 1:01pm

I want action not loads of parties.

There can be only one party.

We can meet and draw it up and then filed candidates…ourselves at the next general election…sooner by forcing one if we’re sure…

I’ve heard some of your wisdoms Dirk and like your POV but haven’t read The Praxis yet! I mean to!

I know a little about politics and have briefly held minor jobs in all 3 main parties,  but me leading anything at all isn’t my agenda as I’m happy as a reclusive scholar.
However rather than become extinct I’ll make sure transhumanists/extropans/futurists take office…not as a few council seats, but to form a government in the UK as a matter of emergency.

What do mean if I’m up to it?? Have you heard my light ‘em on the beaches and on the shores bit?

By eldras on Feb 23, 2013 at 6:50pm

One thing you should know is that matching a major political party requires around 10,000 candidates and more than £500k in election deposits alone.
The impetus for forming a party is IMHO to act as an irritant in key constituencies as well as straightforward PR, not only for the Consensus but ZS. The latter is ultimately aiming to bypass all state structures with a DIY alternative.

By Dirk Bruere on Feb 24, 2013 at 9:02am

Yup I’ve looked @ your manifesto/documents Dirk.
I dont want to match a major political party I’ve nothing to learn from them:  I want to form a government pronto.

We can talk about this? Give us an email let’s grab a sandwich @ bbk or somewhere? eldras@london.com.

By eldras on Feb 24, 2013 at 11:13am