Dirk Bruere attended Nottingham University and later what is now Westminster University, and has a BSc in Physics. Subsequently pursued a career in electronics and computer research and is the technical director of Logical Automation Ltd, a company specializing in high end audio visual technology.
Currently a founder member and head of the Phi Division at Zero State (ZS). ZS is a new futurist movement emphasizing activism in the areas of society, economics, politics, Transhumanism, religion, and art. They are working to build a Distributed Autonomous Community (DAC) — the trans-national Zero State.
Also a member of the Futurists Board of the Lifeboat Foundation.
Founder of The Consensus in 2002CE, a political party with a core philosophy of Transhumanism, which has been revised and relaunched under Zero State. Now currently deputy leader. Other interests include the interface between technology and theology explored in the books TechnoMage and The Praxis, and was co-presenter of a UK radio show, OneTribe.
For several years held the position of Branch Master in the World Shorinji Kempo Organization, teaching Zen and martial arts, although is now retired from a teaching role.
- Eugenics and Transhumanism
- The Transhumanist Declaration 2.0
- Evading the Limits to Economic Growth
- Quantum Suicide: Killing yourself for fun and profit
- Zero State – What Is It?
- Unarmed Combat in Zero G
- The Praxis… Implementing an H+ religion
- Inventions and Discoveries Out of Time - What might still be missing?
- Fear & Loathing in Transhumanism
- The Death of Humanity
- Surviving a Carrington Event and Similar Disasters
- In Praise of the Borg: “Resistance is futile – you will want to be assimilated!”
- Why Transhumanism Is Not Private Property
- Our Vampire Future? Wireheading and Hi-Tech Psychopaths
- DIY Solar Electricity Installation: The True Costs
- “The Praxis” - Transhumanism as Religion and the Conversion of Philosophy into Action
- TechnoProgressive Iconography
- Writing for TNet
- The H+ Flash Media Project (Facebook)
- Twenty-Word Story: Can You Write a Story in 20 Words or Less?
- Transhumanity Maintenance