Franco Cortese is a Canadian Futurist, Editor and Writer.
He is one of our own Staff Editors, and an Advisor for Lifeboat Foundation, A U.S. Non-Governmental Organization working to combat and mitigate sources of Existential Risk and Global Catastrophic Risk. He occupies positions on their Futurists Board and their Scientific Advisory Board (specifically on their Life-Extension Board) and is their 6th Top-Blogger.
Franco contributed essays and debate responses to the Immortalism Essay Anthology Human Destiny is to Eliminate Death: Essays, Rants and Arguments About Immortality alongside such esteemed contributors as Hank Pellissier (Founder of Transhumanity.net), Eric Schulke (Co-Managing-Director for IL, previously the Director of The Immortality Institute), Martine Rothblatt (Ph.D, MBA, J.D.), Marios Kyriazis (MD, MS.c, MI.Biol, C.Biol.), Maria Konovalenko (M.Sc.), Mike Perry (Ph.d), David Kekich (Founder & CEO of MaxLife Foundation), and many more. The collection is available on Amazon.
- An Open Letter to Death
- Intimations of Imitations: A Roadmap to Cellular Prosthesis on the Horizon
- Future-Friendly Memes & Motifs in Mainstream Music - Part One
- Morality needs Immortality to Live: In order to be Go(o)d we Can’t Die!, says Kant
- 4 in 5 of Americans Don’t Think Death Exists?
- H+ Poetry: ___n true p___
- H+ Poetry: Inbinairy Inqueery
- Longer Life or Unlimited Life?
- Future-Friendly Memes & Motifs in Mainstream Music - Part Two
- Faith in Fate is Fatal for Humanity
- H+ Poetry by Franco Cortese
- Future-Friendly Memes & Motifs in Mainstream Music - Part Three
- Techno-Optimists & Techno-Pessimists are Brothers in Arms?!
- My Attempt To Defeat Death
- Is Price-Performance the Wrong Measure for a Coming Intelligence-Explosion?
- EDM as Emerging Tech. Embryo of Art’s Entire Future - Part One
- Franco as Faust, fastened to a dying animal
- H+ Poetry: One Chilld Closser too God
- A 14 year-old’s Quest to Cure Death
- Killing Deathist Cliches: Down with “Death-Gives-Meaning-To-Life”
- Death is a Sickness - it knows not what it is!
- H+ Poetry: Selfware ClearancID Sale
- I Sought Immortality before I Came of Age
- H+ Poetry: Ghostensi’ve Counself
- H+ Poetry: To Shift Ground In Not France, But French.
- H+ Poetry: Home is Ware the Hearth is
- Bio-Cybernetic Neuron Hybrids
- H+ Poetry: I think there fore
- The Hubris of Neo-Luddism
- “Immortality Memes”
- To Die is Dogly - to Cry Why?! is Godly
- Does Technological Growth make the 2nd Amendment Redundant?
- H+ Poetry: Paradiadox Pro/me\teus
- The Moral Imperative and Technical Feasibility of Defeating Death
- Immortality: Bio or Cyber? Does it matter?
- The Future Invades the Music Industry
- A Rose By Any Other: X-Risk, Existential Risk, or Extinction Risk?
- Life-Extension Researcher L. Stephen Coles is DYING and NEEDS your Help!
- Tech Unemployment & Basic Guaranteed Income - A New Bi-Weekly Show on Google+
- London Futurists Event with K. Eric Drexler
- London Futurists Event with José Luis Cordeiro
- London Futurists Event Reviewing GF2045 Conference