2016 has been a long year for me personally but a great year in terms of progress in making the success of the TNC possible. The TNC is an important part of my vision for where we as transhumanists need to go. While on Facebook it might seem that we are doing a lot of talking, there have been a lot of things happening in the real world around the TNC and it’s important that everyone knows that progress. From our convention and formal organization early in 2016 to the first fund raising event recently in San Francisco the TNC has moved forward. In terms of what we accomplished this year the most important items are:
- Formal organization at a Virtual Convention powered by Swarm AI based voting provided by UNU.
- Formal articulation of a Transhumanist Platform based on the transhumanist declaration and that included public and TNC member input on those policy planks.
- Cloud based infrastructure was setup including the document archive wiki, domain names, web servers, email server with the last element being the *. SSL certificate ready for setting up the new member portal for our next convention.
- We have found some fund raising partners and executed on starting that process.
- We have hired a legal firm to manage our legal formation as a 527 lobby/PAC going into 2017 with the vision of building a real political transhumanist movement/party going into 2017.
One of the key goals for me was to build organizational maturity to be able to run a national organization. To a large degree this was accomplished. Granted funding took about 8 months longer than expected, putting the originally task break down behind the original schedule, any good plan can be adapted and thus we will be doing this over the next month and executing on a new strategy or refined strategy that is now funded.
In 2017 we hope to accomplish the following:
- FEC filing as a lobby. Keep in mind it is not realistic yet to function as a party and will continue to drive our positions as a 527.
- Our political agenda in 2017 will be about lobby efforts moving our agenda (platform) forward.
- New 2017 Convention designed to carry us forward and further bake out our platform as we start adopting detailed policy positions and detailed planning.
- Fund policy position papers as well as adopt some from IEET and other sources as they make sense for us to use as the basis for our new 2017 platform or agenda to power the intellectual horse power in terms of public perception as we drive forward.
- A new 2017 platform adopted at the next convention including a new level of research and new details in terms of each policy plank.
- Support the Formation of at least 10 local or regional organizations to become stronger and viable in their areas including funding or micro grants to these smaller groups.
- Create a local/regional starter kit for people wanting to start local groups.
- Create or fund a research project supporting a block chain powered UBI for TNC members.
- Open 3 offices that includes show case-ing the Foundations Transhuman Library in three cities (right now the plan is Washington DC, Seattle and Provo and if possible San Francisco and New York.)
- A strong presence on university campuses and at conventions where we gain visibility and increasing audience.
- Affect at least one policy proposal that gets adopted legally in some American jurisdiction.
I wish everyone a great 2017 and hope that my vision as articulated here will resonate with everyone in and out of the TNC. Given the state of politics in the United States, we really need a stronger movement politically willing to play the game in DC for the good of All Americans and to help protect a Transhuman Future.
@DavidJKelley, TNC Chairmen