This week’s guest is Magenta Ceiba, Executive Creative Officer (ECO) for the Bloom Network, a worldwide constellation of regenerative design hackers working in ecology, economics, civil engineering, software design, restorative justice, organizational development, and more. Bloom is hosting Pollination, an “unconference” or immersive in-person hack-a-thon, this coming weekend in San Francisco – a place for this amazing extended international network (including you, potentially) to convene for design sprints for new practices and systems to restore the health and value of our world.
I hope you’ll treat this episode as a gateway into an amazing profusion of awesome ideas and people, just the very tip of a very deep and well-furnished rabbithole.
Here are some leads to get you started:
• See the Pollination 2019 program on Bloom Network’s website.
(If you have friends in the Bay Area who might like to come, here’s a promo code for a $50 discount: BLOOM50 so they can join for just $195. The Bloom Network also has low income/scholarship tickets available: please fill in the form here. I am not an affiliate and get no reward from this, other than knowing that you attended and got to participate.)
• Another excellent conversation with Magenta (plus copious resource links) at Abundant Edge Podcast.
• Mark Heley interviews Pollination 2019 MC (and Future Fossils guest) Maya Zuckerman.
These three quotes came in Rob Breszny’s email newsletter today and couldn’t be more appropriate:
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
“We have to encourage the future we want rather than trying to prevent the future we fear.”
“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
• Episode 46 – Magenta Ceiba’s first appearance on Future Fossils.
• Episode 56 – Sophia Rohklin on the inter-relationship of ecology & economy.
• Episode 61 – Jamaica Stevens on crisis, rebirth, and transformation.
• Episode 98 – Decentralization Panel at Arcosanti w/ members of NuMundo Project, Unify, & The Institute of Ecotechnics.
• Theme Music: “God Detector” by Evan “Skytree” Snyder (feat. Michael Garfield).
• Additional Music: “Single & Feeling” by Michael Garfield.
• Episode Cover Image: Concept Art for The Fifth Sacred Thing by Jessica Perlstein.
• Support this show on Patreon to join the book club and for secret episodes.
Leave a Reply